Did you know that 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created every day? That’s a lot of information! In this blog post, we will take a closer look at just how much data is created every day and what implications this has for businesses and individuals alike. We will also discuss some ways to manage all of this data and make sure that it doesn’t become overwhelming. Stay tuned for more information on the data explosion!
Impressive Statistics about Data created every day in 2022
- In 2021, the amount of data created every day was 1.7 quintillion bytes.
- This number is expected to rise to 4.4 quintillion bytes by 2022
- 78% of this data is created by businesses, Individuals are responsible for creating the remaining 22%
- The average individual creates around 2 GB of data per day.
- There are currently more than 4 billion active internet users worldwide, this number is expected to reach 5 billion by the end of 2022
- It’s estimated that businesses will generate 40 zettabytes of data by 2020.13. To put this into perspective, 1 zettabyte is equivalent to 1 trillion gigabytes!
Why are we generating so much data?
Some reasons for the data explosion are the growth of mobile devices, the expansion of the internet of things, and the increasing popularity of video. In addition, people are now consuming media in more ways than ever before. We not only consume content on our phones and computers, but also on tablets, TVs, and even wearable devices. And we’re not just consuming traditional forms of media like TV and newspapers—we’re also consuming vast amounts of data via social media platforms like TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
So why are we consuming so much data nowadays? There are a few reasons. First, mobile devices have become increasingly prevalent. According to Statista, there were over seven billion mobile phone users worldwide as of 2019. This number is only going to grow as smartphones become more affordable and accessible to people in developing countries. Second, the internet of things is expanding.
This refers to the interconnectedness of physical objects and devices, all of which are connected to the internet. This includes everything from smart thermostats to fitness trackers to security cameras. As more and more devices become connected to the internet, we generate even more data.
Finally, video is becoming increasingly popular. In fact, Cisco predicts that by 2021, 82 percent of internet traffic will be composed of video. This is due in part to the rise of streaming services like Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. But it’s also because social media platforms like TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram have made it easy for anyone to create and consume video content. So as we consume more media on more devices in more ways than ever
before, it’s no surprise that the amount of data we generate has exploded.
The internet has drastically changed the way we live our lives. We can now work from anywhere in the world, shop for groceries without leaving our homes, and keep in touch with loved ones who are half a world away. But the internet has also had a profound impact on the way we consume media.
In just a few short years, we’ve gone from watching TV on our living room TVs to streaming shows and movies on our laptops, phones, and tablets. We’ve gone from reading newspapers at breakfast to scrolling through our Facebook feeds while we eat. We’ve even started consuming media on devices like smartwatches and fitness trackers.
This shift from traditional forms of media to digital media has resulted in a massive increase in the amount of data we consume every day. According to Domo, the average person consumes around 34GB of data per day
How can we optimize the data we are using?
As the world becomes increasingly digitized, it’s important to find ways to manage all this data effectively and efficiently.
One way to do this is through big data analytics platforms which can help make sense of all this information in a meaningful way.
Another way to deal with the data explosion is through data compression technology which can help reduce the size of files without compromising on quality or accuracy.17. As more and more devices come online, it’s important to have a reliable and secure way to store all this data safely and securely.18. Data storage solutions like cloud storage and file sharing platforms can be helpful in this regard.19 The bottom line? The data explosion is real and it’s only going to become more prevalent in the years ahead! businesses and individuals need to find ways to manage all this information effectively if they want to stay ahead of the curve
What is a Quintillion?
It’s a billion billions, or if you prefer a 1 followed by 30 zeros.
According to Statistica
In 2021, the global annual cellular data usage is projected to reach roughly 650 thousand petabytes